Control: A Shadowrun 5th Ed Campaign
Underworld organizations of Guangzhou
1. Zaan Jip Kong (Blessed Enterprise of Heaven)
- Client triad to the White Lotus Society.
- Their Red Poles control large amounts of the underworld activity in the suburban belt of the Sprawl.
- Openly involved in local politics, receiving the “Blessing of the Blessed” is almost a surefire way to get elected.
- Not an overly violent organization, but members do enforce security in sections of the sprawl where the police have little presence.
- They offer money laundering for lesser criminal outfits through their network of legitimate businesses.
2. Gao Lok Bao Wu (The 96 Guardians AKA The Defenders of Eternal Wealth)
- Local Triad with ties to the Phoenix Lodge
- Run Matrix and Magical protection rackets through their various client gangs.
- Main focus is white collar crime and hacking for profit masquerading as hacktivism.
- Dabbles in online vices and illicit talismongering.
3. Se Gwai Kim (Society of the Black Rose)
- Client Triad to the Black Chrysanthemums.
- Ruthlessly violent Red Poles control most of the human trafficking and vice trades in the slums, especially in Zengchen.
- Savvy and more forward thinking Red Poles have moved into more lucrative criminal enterprises throughout Guangzhou with complicated con’s and blackmail schemes.
4. The 80 Dragons
- Small client triad to the Red Dragons
- Smuggling and underground gun / weapons make up the majority of their activities.
- They have invested heavily in counterfeit production through dozens of small sweat shops throughout the sprawl.
5. Wan Jin Gwa (Phantom Lords)
- Loose confederation of smaller outfits throughout the Sprawl.
- Diversity in criminal activity, they have fingers in everything.
- Inter Triad conflict common amongst some members, older, wiser Red Poles prefer to use targeted kidnapping and assassination or police set ups.
- Operates the largest number of Shadow Clinics in the Sprawl.
- Not overly traditional, they have made connections with various Vory outfits and Yakuza Rengos.
6. The Black Karma Network
- An affiliation of like minded fixers offering shadow ops services.
- Operates mostly virtually, sort of like a Craig’s List of Crime.
- Small in terms of manpower and influence, the main ideal of the Network is to undermine central authority and diminish corporate control in Guangzhou.
- A sizable portion of profit goes to various anti authoritarian and anarchist Rad groups and Policlubs.