Control: A Shadowrun 5th Ed Campaign
Setting: Guangzhou, Province of Guangdong, Canton Confederation
Time: Start of campaign will be 2nd week of February 2075.
1. International Relations
- Canton Confederation has strained relations with Taiwan and the Coastal Provinces.
- Maintains cold war type relations with Henan. They accuse each other of sponsoring terrorist or criminal acts against each other yet neither side has much to gain from open conflict.
- Has openly hostile relations with Sichuan. The border is about as tense as one sees between the CAS and Aztlan.
- Cordial with most other nations in the Global Community, including closer ties with Japan than any of the other Chinese States.
- Western style of democratic government. Multi party system with one legislative house using coalitions to determine power.
- Central government runs military and maintains infrastructure for the Confederation.
- Economic policies and trade laws are decentralized and unique to each province.
3. Internal Politics
- Fujian Province still harbors some resentment towards the other provinces from the Nationalist War. A separatist movement exists, but it has dwindled over the years.
4. Legality differences regarding gear:
- Concealing Melee Weapons is a crime.
- Stun / Tazer / Shock Weapons are forbidden. (availability + 4)
- All Bows and Crossbows are Restricted.
- All Firearms are Forbidden (+ 2 to availability to any R)
- Shotguns and Sporting Rifles are as normal, but usage is confined to Hunting, Shooting Clubs, and home defense.
- Ares Super Squirt and the Fichetti Pain Inducer is Forbidden (+2 Availability)
- All firearm accessories are at least Restricted, with Airburst Links, quick draw holsters, concealable holsters, hidden arm slides, gas vents, and gyro mounts being Forbidden (+2 to Availability)
- All Ammo is Forbidden except for sporting rifles and shotguns. (+2 to Availability)
- All Grenade types (including flash packs), are Forbidden (+2 to Availability)
- All Armor is increased in Legality and +2 to Availability
- All cyberdecks are Forbidden (No change to availability)
- Implant Weapons are Forbidden (+2 to availability)
- Erxanta holds the police contract for the majority of the Sprawl. They normally use non lethal force unless hostiles escalate. They are heavily augmented with drone coverage and enforcement. They are higher on the tech curve than other outfits, and are active participants in international Grid Overwatch operations and enforcement. Their weakness is a lack of strong magical talent. They usually augment through private contractors or through collaboration with Parashield.
Areas of Guangzhou
Corporations of Guangzhou
Underworld organizations of Guangzhou
Contacts and NPC’s
Places To Run